I jaor va da nok ein gong tid før taxi heim, og tradisjonen tru so føretrekke eg å bruka da samma taxiselskapet denna gongen og, so eg troppa opp pao køyrekontoret, fekk tildelt ein sjåfør og samtalen mødlo oss pao vegen heim føregikk sånn omtrent slek:
- Taxisjåføren: "So, where to?"
- Meg: "Brandsdale Crescent in Osbaldwick, please."
- Taxisjåføren: "Have you had a good night then?"
- Meg: "Yes, thank you, it was very good. Town was a bit quiet though."
- Taxisjåføren: "Yes, it is quiet tonight, as I'm sure you could tell by all the taxi drivers sitting around at the office, waiting. So where did you go tonight?"
- Meg: "Oh, we went for a meal at Caesars and then to Kennedys for some drinks."
- Taxisjåføren: "Oh right, well that sounds good." (litt stillheit) "So you're Norwegian then?"
- Meg (tainke): "Whaaat!? Kan han faktisk høyra pao engelsken min at eg e NORSK??! DA likte eg kje!!"
- Meg (saie): "Haha,yes I am actually. How come?"
- Taxisjåføren: "It's just your adress, I seem to drive quite a few Norwegians there, so I just figured there must be some student house for Norwegians there. Are you at the language college?"
- Meg: "Oh right, yes there are quite a few Norwegians who have lived at my house over the years, so I guess you've had some trips there. We're not at the language college, we're at the University."
- Taxisjåføren: "So how do you like Osbaldwick then? I live there myself you see."
- Meg: "I like Osbaldwick, it's a nice area."
- Taxisjåføren: "It's a rather quiet area though."
- Meg: "Yes, yes it is, but I like it. This is my second stay in York, and last time I lived out by the race course, and although that was a nice area as well, I prefer Osbaldwick. Short distance to the university and short distance to town."
- Taxisjåføren: "That is true. So, what do you find to be the biggest difference between Britain and Norway then?"
- Meg: "Ehhm, I think I'd have to say the cultural differences. The fact that you're way more polite than we are and all of your unwritten and unspoken "rules" of behaviour, like your ability to que everywhere, and things like that."
- Taxisjåføren: "Yeah, I used to date a Norwegian girl for some years, and she used to say exactly the same. In Norway you would for instance just say "A coke" instead of "A coke, please"."
- Meg: "Yeah, exactly. You know what, I think I remember you from my previous stay in York."
- Taxisjåføren: "Oh,really?"
- Meg: "Yeah, I remember being driven home quite a few times by a driver from your company, and he had a Norwegian girlfriend at the time."
- Taxisjåføren: "That must have been me then. So, you must have been living at Chalfonts then?"
- Meg: "Haha,yes that's true, I lived at Chalfonts. This is a funny coincidence."
- Taxisjåføren: "Haha,yes it is. It's a small world. Well, enjoy the rest of your stay in York, and take care."
- Meg: "Thanks, you too. Have a good night."
1 comment:
haha...artig lesning!!=) it's a small world, jah..
Love, Silje
Post a Comment